It's time to break out the Grill
Summer is fast approaching, which means more and more people will start to grill outside even more so during our current pandemic. As we are all safe at home, setting up the grill and fixing some steaks sounds like a perfect way to spend an evening outside. Although some might not recognize the risks of fire to your home, there are. Follow these tips to keep your home and family safe while cooking outside.
- Make sure the grill is away from any structure.
- Place the grill on flat, stable ground or surface
- If it is a new grill, make sure it was correctly assembled.
- If it is an older grill, and it is the first time you are using it for the season, check for structural damage.
- For propane grills, make sure there are no leaks and that the propane tank is attached correctly.
- With that, when you are done with propane tanks, please dispose of them properly.
- For Charcoal grills, do not overuse starter fluid.
- Always clean the grill before or after each use to prevent build-up.
Other things to keep in mind while grilling:
- Watch out for small children who might be running around the grill.
- Be aware of the clothing you are wearing.